Lansing clearly needs more leaders with experience in finances and – frankly – simple math. It’s time to send a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) to the state house who can actually read a budget and has the experience at the local government level to educate the public and bring pressure to bear on the tax-spenders in Lansing. Martin Howrylak is the proven conservative leader who has that experience and ability.
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant.
- Experienced auditor of local governments.
- Local entrepreneur and business owner for 22 years.
- Born and raised in Troy. Married to Jane Howrylak.
- Troy City Councilman, 2000 – 2011.
- Mayor Pro-Tem; 2002-2003, 2007-2009.
- Trustee, City of Troy Employees Retirement System, 2006-2009.
- Trustee, City of Troy Retiree Health Benefits Plan and Trust: 2006-2009.
- Trustee, Southeast Oakland County Resource Recovery Authority: 2002-2004.
- Troy Historic District Commission: 1992-2008.
- Republican Party precinct delegate 2002-2008.
- Eagle Scout.
- Master of Accounting degree; University of Michigan (Recipient of Lynn Townsend Fellowship in Accounting)
- Bachleor of Science degree, Geological Sciences; University of Michigan (James B. Angell Scholar)